Portal error inconsistentcy

This topic is 4581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have SuperContainer running in a couple of solutions without issue. I'm in the process of adding another document storage library to one of those solutions, so I created a new table and copied the appropriate SC fields into the new table, then updated the calcs to point to the new fields and duped and updated the appropriate scripts. Everything was working fine until I logged out, then logged back in and the portals would show "Error" in the container field.

I've verified all of the calcs in data viewer, then pasted the dataviewer calcs back into the field defs and the portals would show the icons correctly. As soon as I would log out and log back in, the portals would show "Error" again.

This is on a mac running 10.6.8 and SC 2.77, FMPA 10 and 11 have the same result. FMSA 10 is on a Windows VM running Windows 2003 R2 and SC is on a mac running 10.5.8.

I log into a Windows session via RDC running FMPA 11 and go to the same records and the portals show correctly but errors on the mac.

Even when the portal showed an error, I could upload and delete files with no issues.

Went to lunch, came back, logged into the database again, and the portals are showing the graphics again and I didn't make any changes. Any idea what might be causing this?

TIA,

John

An update to the original post-

Logged in again from FMPA 10 and went to the layout and saw the "Error" in the portal rows. Navigated to another layout and back and the files showed up. The other document library in this solution never shows errors in the related portals so I don't think I'm having any network issues.

Hey John,

Judging from your description, it sounds like this is a problem with not having called "SCSetBaseUrl()" prior to getting the data present in the portals. I am assuming that you have a start-up script that does in fact call SCSetBaseUrl(), however SCSetBaseUrl( ) is only valid per user session -- so, when the user session has ended/expired, it is required that SCSetBaseUrl() is called again before being able to manipulate any SuperContainer fields/files/etc.

I am not quite sure where and when you currently have the SCSetBaseUrl() call, but the best way to work through this is to add a quick debugging script that reports the error and message when it is encountered, for example:

Let ( $info = SCGetInfo( "/my/path" ); Case( $info = "ERROR"; SCLastError; $info ) )

This will let you know if an error is encountered (i.e., ERROR) and print a corresponding error message as well.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or need clarification do not hesitate to e-mail me directly at the address below.

This topic is 4581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.