using webviewer as super container

This topic is 4527 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi,

I am using super container with webviwer,my work is to find complete url of the folder with image name where the image is stored .

I have taken one field called url in which i have to store the complete url of the super container image.

for this i have made the url field as calculation and give the url of webviewer in url field which is calculation as("http://192.168.2.3:8020/SuperContainer/Files/Contact Management/" & Contact Management::Name_First) by using this i get only url of the folder not the image name.

I need solution like: The field URL should get the calculated result as Full Path with Image name, which is using in the current layout.

post-101539-0-68827600-1321077148_thumb.

Randhir --

If I understand you correctly, you will not want to access or reference a file directly via its "Full path". Instead you would want to construct the URL to be equivalent to: /databaseName/tableName/recordID. This is similar to how you are doing it -- minus your use of first and last name (which again, is not recommended). By passing something like:

"http://192.168.2.3:8020/SuperContainer/Files/Contact Management/" & Contact Management::RecordID

should allow you to successfully retrieve the image file that is located at that location on the SuperContainer server. So, trying to construct the 'full path' to the image's location is something you do not want to do.

I hope this helps... If I have failed to address your issue or you need some clarification, please do not hesitate to e-mail me or contact me at the phone number below.

Keep in mind that you should ONLY access the folder. You should never refer to a file stored in SuperContainer by the filename.

Your SuperContainer path is like the name of a container in FileMaker. You would not refer to a document stored in a container by the filename, and similarly you should not refer to a document stored in SuperCotntainer by the filename. Get in touch with Obinna and he'll help you get this straightened out.

• 1 month later...

Use the FileMaker GetValue() function, such as:

Get Value ( SCGetInfo( "/path/to/file" ) ; 1 )

The FileMaker website goes into a bit more detail on how to use the Get Value() function.

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions or need clarification on this, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

This topic is 4527 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.