Server Maintenance This Week. ×

IWP Double Click Problem

This topic is 4546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have problems when double clicking on buttons which perform scripts in IWP.

This is also described here by another person and me:

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/0ba793ee85#169408

It happens with certain scripts (not all the scripts) and then is reproducible.

Here an example: I have a layout with a portal showing some related records. In the line of the related records I have a button which performs only one scripts step "go to related record" (Show only related record, match current record only), nothing else, as simple as possible. Clicking once via IWP all runs fine. Double clicking brings unpredictable results. Sometimes an error: "Record not found. The specified record was not found." Clicking on OK then FM jumps to the first of the related records. In other moments (just being on other record of the original layout, performing the same script) it occurs that the "Go to related record" just lands on another record which is not related at all (without the error message before).

I can reproduce this in different layouts with this script step, the problem always occurs.

I tried a workaround: Instead of using "Go to related record" performing a find (Go to Layout …, enter find mode, set field with data to find, perform find), but the same problem happens.

I also tried setting a global variable to 0 before the script starts and to 1 at the end of the script, executing the script only when this variable is 1 (IF statement at the beginning of the script), this way trying to avoid that the script is performed twice. Still, the same error happens.

IWP is running on FM Server 11 Advanced on Mac OS 10.6.8 on Intel Core 2 Duo 2,0 Ghz and 8 GB RAM.

IWP (and as far as I know, and web page) does not recognize double-clicks. What's actually happening is that you are clicking on your button with the first click, and the second click is clicking on something else entirely.

This topic is 4546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.