Server Maintenance This Week. ×

copying a list of records without using a portal

thejkfarr

This topic is 4537 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a method of copying a list of records for a report?

basicly here is my situation:

My client sends out an invoice with a customized front (designed in form view) of the summaries of the charges. Following this, is the detail list (individual line item entries)

They currently run these seperatly, print them out, compile them, rescan them, then send to client.

I'm looking to cut all that out and generate the detail list right under the customized front first page. I know I could use a portal, but I read where it will not autogrow to the number of records only shrink with sliding (there could be more records than I allow for)

I have 4 different tables that I need to provide details on, would be wonderful if I could get filemaker to pull in all 4 detailed lists and have them autogrow / shrink no matter the number of records.

then my client just slaps a button :)

The lack of expanding portals has been an issue for me as well. I solved this in our invoice database by producing the invoice out of the line item details table.

Create your invoice in the line items details table in list view. Then, pull in the customized front data and summaries through the relationship into header and leading grant summary sections. Works like a charm. As the layout is in list view it will expand and contract as needed.

This topic is 4537 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.