How to uninstall FMAS9 manually (OSX)

This topic is 4511 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My older server running FMS9 recently passed away, and I put in a new server running 10.7. Needless to say, FMS9 will not run on it, although I tried to get it working.

I experimented with running FMP11 on that machine and accessing the DBs from other machines on the office network, but it's just too clumsy, so I sprang for FMSA11.

Now, unfortunately, FMSA11 will not install, insisting that I delete FMS9 first. Because FMS9 never got working, the installer file will not offer me the Uninstall option.

After checking other posts in this forum, I tried deleting the entire library/Filemaker Server folder and dumped the Java cache, but FMSA11 will still not install.

What can I do to manually delete the remaining traces of FMS9?

It is always possible -- however unpleasant -- to install a new system...

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.

Well, considering that the machine is new and has nothing installed except an anti-virus and FMS, I did an OS re-install (downloaded thanks to Apple's nifty new tool), and tried again.

FMSA11 offered me an "uninstall" option this time, which I ran, reboot, than installed FMSA11 normally, and it works perfectly.

OK, so the first problem is now resolved.

Unfortunately, some time between then and yesterday, the OSX no longer lets Windows machine access its shared drive folders. I've checked all the settings multiple times, and they are unquestionably the same as they were in December. The only differences are (1) the January Microsoft updates on Vista, XP and W7 Windows machines, and (2) installing FMSA11. The Windows machines can still use FMP11 normally, accessing files being hosted by FMSA11 on the OSX machine, so clearly it is not a physical connectivity issue.

Does anyone have any ideas if FMSA11 could be involved, and if so, how to make it stop?

Thanks for your time.

This topic is 4511 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.