what's the most robust security approach for a FM runtime application?

This topic is 4480 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

When developing an FM-based runtime application, preventing access to the database structure and scripts is an essential prerequisite to me.

Password based protection doesn't seem to be very effective, since the passwords can be figured out if the user has the know-how.

My question is: by permanently removing adm access from files, when creating the runtime application, can I be 100% sure that nobody, no matter his/her skill level, will have access to the runtime application database structure and scripts?

Are there any other valid alternatives?

natursalus

My question is: by permanently removing adm access from files, when creating the runtime application, can I be 100% sure that nobody, no matter his/her skill level, will have access to the runtime application database structure and scripts?

No. You can make it more difficult, but not impossible.

Steven

Hello,

Password based protection doesn't seem to be very effective, since the passwords can be figured out if the user has the know-how.

Filemaker close the login window after 5 error attempts? I think this prevents the brute force method, or reduce the risk.

But, there are other methods like lostpassword.

This topic is 4480 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.