Dataviewer unprotects all file

This topic is 4502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

For enormous of reasons there are some values or calculations, that need to be hidden. And only developers should be able to look over those values or fields.

But how can we do this, if dataviewer can watch through the keyhole?

It’s possible do prevent this behavior for Filemaker advanced clients?

Regards,

Caps

Hi BruceR,

Thanks for your answer.

That solution doesn’t work in my case, because the user must install the solution, and the application needs to compare both keys.

For example, you want to prevent users to copy your application, one way to do this, is to create a security script to get the hostname or NICaddress and transform this into numbers A-1 B-2 C-3 D-4, then compare the exact key with the userkey.

In this example, the user privilege need to get the combination keys, and also the key in other to compare them. I think there isn’t another way.

Changing privileges in different steps it isn’t a way.

What’s the point of dataviewer for regular users?

I’m creating a month solution, like pay to use. I need to generate a key each month, but there are so many holes.

That solution doesn’t work in my case, because the user must install the solution, and the application needs to compare both keys.

If those "keys" are values in fields, and the user has no access to those fields, the application can still compare the keys by performing a script set to run with full access privileges.

This topic is 4502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.