Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Causing Data to Refresh

This topic is 4494 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm working on my first data separation model project and it has an Invoice table. There is also a related Payment table.

The Invoice table has a calculation field that sums the Payment::Amount field in related records. It also has a Balance calculation field that subtracts Invoice::SumPayments from Invoice::Total.

In the user interface file I've created an Invoice form layout on which I've placed a portal to an occurrence of the Payment table. Rather than the user entering payments directly into this portal the user clicks a button above the portal that runs a script that opens a window containing a layout in which the user enters the new Payment record.

I've done this lots of times before and it always works well but in this project I'm experiencing some anomalous behavior. Whenever the New Payment script completes, the Payment record doesn't appear in the portal until I click on the Invoice layout. Also the SumPayments and Balance fields don't recalculate until I click on the Invoice layout. Similar behavior occurs when I delete a Payment. What's happening here? What's the solution?

This topic is 4494 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.