Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web Viewer and Keychain logins glitch

FudgeMaker

This topic is 4489 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all. I have a tricky problem with authentication using the web viewer in FMPro 11 and OS X Lion.

I have a solution which uses the web viewer to view password authenticated pages from one of our web servers. Many moons ago, I saved the password for these intranet pages which meant I didn't have to enter the password each time I visited a new record, nor even after closing the file and reopening. However, recently my Keychain developed some corruption so I had to delete it and start again.

Since then, the password dialogue pops up every time it tries to access the page and although Filemaker's Web Viewer will create a new Keychain login item for the password, it does not seem able to access it on subsequent visits, even if the 'Remember this password' checkbox is checked. What's worse is that if I use Safari to visit the Intranet page and save the password in the Keychain, if I then visit the page again using Filemaker, it screws up the Safari created Keychain item.

Has anyone had anything like this happen?

To try and fix it, I've completely reset Safari, deleted all Safari caches and preferences from ~/Library, deleted all Filemaker prefs, turned autofill on and off in Safari and even restored my original Keychain from backup. And created a completely clean empty Keychain, of course ...

Are there any other caches that anyone can think of?

Have to say, I'm stumped on this one and I've been using a Mac and Filemaker for 16 years.

Have you checked whether you have the same problem with a different browser, such as Safari or Chrome? Because if you don't then the problem lies within Safari, whose engine FileMaker uses anyway, if I'm correct. Have you check the same issue from another computer?

You should try narrowing down your scope of possibilities so you can see where the problem occurs.

I know you were hoping for a better answer. Maybe someone else has one.

• Newbies

HI Agnes. Thanks for the reply. It took a while to find any info but it looks like it is Safari at fault here. Or at least the webkit frameworks common to both.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3274071?start=0&tstart=0

Firefox and Chrome do not exhibit the same problems with the same webpage, so . . . .

Luckily the web developers at my company are about to change the authentication methods on our webpages so it will not be so much a problem for me, but until Apple issue a bug fix, it may raise its head for other FMPro developers.

This topic is 4489 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.