Problem starting/stoping

This topic is 4469 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a FileMaker Server Advanced 11 installed on a Mac Mini with OSX Lion Server, after install the SuperContainer (in automatic and manual mode) I can`t get login to http://serverAddress/SuperContainer. I get this message: Problem starting/stoping: Couldn`t get lock for /Users/Shared/SuperContainer/SuperContainer.log

I need help with this problem, anybody help me?

I tried with the first and second option of installation what describes the SuperContainer Documentation.

Thanks so much

Alexander Chozo

Hey Alexander,

I am going to assume you placed "serverAddress" just to keep things generic for the sake of privacy. If that's the case, then the issue is probably dealing with permissions. It seems SuperContainer no longer has access to read/write to the SuperContainer log file that was created (probably with a previous version or installation of SuperContainer). In this sense, I am assuming that you've recently either re-installed FileMaker Server, SuperContainer Server, or the account in which SuperContainer was running no longer exists (or no longer has read/write access to the SuperContainer.log file folder (/Users/Shared/SuperContainer, by default).

So, the -easiest- way to fix this, again assuming I have made some good assumptions, is to edit the permissions on the folder that SC is trying to write to (/Users/Shared/SuperContainer -- on Mac OS X) so that the account that SuperContainer is running on has access to Read and Write to that folder.

This may sound a bit convoluted, and if you need, I can go into more detail and help clarify any pieces of my response that have gotten lost in this post.

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hey Alexander, I am going to assume you placed "serverAddress" just to keep things generic for the sake of privacy. If that's the case, then the issue is probably dealing with permissions. It seems SuperContainer no longer has access to read/write to the SuperContainer log file that was created (probably with a previous version or installation of SuperContainer). In this sense, I am assuming that you've recently either re-installed FileMaker Server, SuperContainer Server, or the account in which SuperContainer was running no longer exists (or no longer has read/write access to the SuperContainer.log file folder (/Users/Shared/SuperContainer, by default). So, the -easiest- way to fix this, again assuming I have made some good assumptions, is to edit the permissions on the folder that SC is trying to write to (/Users/Shared/SuperContainer -- on Mac OS X) so that the account that SuperContainer is running on has access to Read and Write to that folder. This may sound a bit convoluted, and if you need, I can go into more detail and help clarify any pieces of my response that have gotten lost in this post. Regards,

Thank you for your answer, actually does not publish the real IP, but rather a reference, I also think that the problem is the permissions on that folder.

If you could help me change these permissions you will appreciate it very much.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4469 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.