Spell check?

This topic is 4460 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Stephen,

FM Forums used to automatically display misspelled words for us (with red underline). I notice that, some time after an upgrade, that has disappeared. I thought that maybe the new forum software just didn't have that function but I just saw when creating a private message, that it works automatically in private messages.

I never make mistaks in speling but some folks do. It would sure be helpful to have this option bak. :D

FM Forums is the most user-friendly, organized and simple forum site out there. I have trouble even wanting to assist on the other forums because they make it so difficult to track and search posts. Thank you again for such a wonderful website!!

I just rebooted and test again ... same thing. A typo here does not underline but when I create a private message, it does. Strange inconsistency. I am on Windows XP Professional, Firefox 9.0.1.

I believe that Lee doesn't get typo underline either ... we discussed it in another post week or so ago. If anyone else has this problem, can you respond so we can pin it down?

This is an issue with Firefox and it's interaction with the CKE editor

To fix right click, scroll to bottom choose Languages and then make sure you select the English/United States dictionary.

(i don't know if settings are domain specific or if they survive reboot)

The bug has been reported - no ETA when it will be addressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stephen,

My language choice was already English/United States dictionary but I wanted to let you know that the spell check has been fixed by Firefox. They just ran an updater recently and now I notice I have lots of red underlines again. :laugh:

I apologize for taking your time on something unrelated to the forum.

This topic is 4460 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.