Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web viewer compatible javascript wysiwyg html editor?

jasonwood

This topic is 4430 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to display a javascript wysiwyg editor in a web viewer to allow users to design html emails.

TinyMCE was the most promising, but the "Insert/Edit Link" option does not work. It works fine in Safari, which is what I had understood that the web viewer was using... so that's odd.

I also tried CKEditor (formerly FCKEditor), but nothing works (all actions are performed on the top of the document, regardless of where the cursor/selection is). Again, it works fine in Safari.

I looked at a number of others from this list: http://www.webdesignbooth.com/15-really-useful-web-based-html-editors/ but most of the others are either too limited (no support for tables), or they rely on popup windows for the user to enter information, which will not work with Web Viewer.

Anyone successfully integrated a wysiwyg html editor in the web viewer?

Regardless of the editor you use, how are you going to get the data from the web viewer to the database?

Have you tried setting up the editor on a web server, then pointing the browser to that URL? For example, point your web viewer to this url, and see if it works: http://ckeditor.com/demo (I didn't test it).

• 1 month later...

I intended to use php to write the data back to the database although I haven't set that up.

Yes, I tried a whole bunch of web-based WYSIWYG editors including CKEditor. The web viewer does not like any of them. The problems vary but all have critical issues - mostly relating to operating on selections of text if I recall correctly.

So I decided to just open it in a new window, passing the existing field data in a "GET" string. Currently just manually copy/pasting it back to the database.

This topic is 4430 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.