Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Troi Dialog users: lists??????

This topic is 8120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hellos,

I would like to use a value list in one of the dialog's function(TRDI-DoListDialog)

I've got that right except that my value list uses

related records from onother file and so i cant really format them i.e put "|", unfortunately that results in my dialogue box not containing any values in the list.

The idea is to get a user to be able to select an item from the list(which gets its values from onother file) using the Dialog function.

any help?

anita

You may be able to use the Design function 'ValueListItems(filename, listname) to get the other valuelist and then use Substitute to replace the CRs with '|'.

By the way, Troi's latest release (v3.0) can popup up a valuelist with CRs in it...it doesn't use ListDialog, but popups as part of a field and appears to the user as a normal popup.

There is a bug in FM (5.0 and above) that you may need to be aware of: If you use the Developer Tool, the filenames in the ValueListItems do not change/ rename the file extension (on Win platform).

quote:

Originally posted by Steveinvegas:

There is a bug in FM (5.0 and above) that you may need to be aware of: If you use the Developer Tool, the filenames in the ValueListItems do not change/ rename the file extension (on Win platform).

Please explain what you are talking about here.

Thanks.

Old Advance Man

quote:

Originally posted by Steveinvegas:

Sure... FM versions 5.0 and 5.5 of the developer tool on Win platforms have a bug which I've reported to FM. Here's the bug:

If you use ValueListItems function(filename,list),

the filename extension (.FP5) WILL NOT be changed by the developer tool should you select that option when making a kiosk for example. I believe that the same bug exists with similar functions.

If the ValueList is in the current file, substitute StatusCurrentFileName for "filename". That will avoid the problem you describe. Otherwise you need to use the substitute function to swap them out.

HTH

Old Advance Man

Oh, I can get around the problem...the valuelist is in another file and I do a test to find out if the list is empty and then try the FP5 extension.

However, it would be nice if they fixed their bugs between releases. This one has been around at least since version 5.0, which if memory serves was released over 18 months ago.

Sure... FM versions 5.0 and 5.5 of the developer tool on Win platforms have a bug which I've reported to FM. Here's the bug:

If you use ValueListItems function(filename,list),

the filename extension (.FP5) WILL NOT be changed by the developer tool should you select that option when making a kiosk for example. I believe that the same bug exists with similar functions.

This topic is 8120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.