Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SMTPit Plug In HTML file

This topic is 8005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Andy Gaunt (or anyone else)

I use SMTPit for mass mailing and I wanted to send a web article out to my mailing list. When you say I can send a complete html file, how does that work? I ask because the SMTPit support people told me there isn't any way to send that article in the body of my email, even though I have saved that web page as an html file. I do have a link that I can send instead, but it is two lines long, and I know sometimes links that are that long don't come across to everyone's email program. This is the link: http://elp.pennnet.com/Articles/Article_Display.cfm?Section=Articles&SubSection=CurrentIssue&ARTICLE_ID=139986&VERSION_NUM=1

• Newbies

I see I can use the html file body assign i.e., External("SMTP-HTMLFileBodyAssign", "c:my folderbody.htm")to include the file in the body of my email, but since I don't have all the graphics stored on my hard drive, they don't all show up. Perhaps if I save a copy of the important pictures to my folder and relink them in the html code, they will show up? I will try and see what happens.

Stephie

Stephie,

As you asked for me I am more than willing to answer.

You can use an HTML file with images for your body using the External("SMTP-HTMLFileBodyAssign","") command.

The best thing to do is first to create a field to hold that file (lets call it filename [text field]) Once you have this, create a one line script called get filename.

In it have a set field [filename, External("SMTP-FileNameAcquire", "")

Now, in your send mail script step, use the

External("SMTP-HTMLFileBodyAssign", Filename)

Now, the problem then just lies with the images.

So, I take it you have access to a website where you can store these images. If so, just make your html code point to the images on your website, not the local machine.

So basically put in the full address to the images in your source code..

http://www.yourwebsite.com/images/imagename

Once this is done and you link the file to that email, when you send it it will display the images at the other end.

I can't believe SMTPit didn't know this.

HTH

• 2 months later...

Stephie,

(Sorry to rehash an old message, but ...) I don't remember any question like this coming in on our support email addresses. Who did you talk to here at CNS/SMTPit Support? What was the email address you used when you wrote us? I don't see how any of us would have told you that what you were trying to do was completely impossible.

Jake

This topic is 8005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.