windows problem

john9210

This topic is 4421 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FM 11 Advanced. Something is creating windows when I switch from layout to layout (in layout mode). Then I get the message "This layout cannot be modified in this Window...". I then have to close the window. The Window menu displays for example, Costs, Costs-2, Costs -3, etc. I'm not running any scripts and none of my script steps create a Window. Of course, the FM Help has practically no info on Windows. Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

I checked every layout. None use a load script trigger. Even if they did, none of my scripts have a Windows script step. Yes, this is happening in layout mode. I switch between layouts to make changes to the layouts. After a switch, when I try to make a change is when the message appears and I can't make any changes until I use the Window menu to close out the window.

The error message indicates that your application preferences are NOT set to 'Save layout changes automatically'.

I don't know why you keep getting new windows. You should get a dialog whenever you try to exit a modified layout. See if you can reproduce the issue in a new file, and what happens when you recover a copy of your file.

This topic is 4421 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.