scroll bars on mac

This topic is 4401 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Unless I've missed something, it's been a while waiting for an update to get rid of the scroll bars in empty supercontainers because of the java debacle. This is really ugly on the Mac side. I'm thinking of a temporary fix and wondering if someone could make a suggestion.

If we could automatically populate each of the supercontainers with a 1x1 transparent gif the scrollbars will not show and we can still simply drag a file into the supercontainer and have the contents replaced. Seems to work great, we just have no idea how to implement it.

Any ideas or better suggestions?

Yes. Have tried everything in the documentation without success. Since the last update, Dec, someone posted in this forum about this very issue and I believe it was ooparah that said would pass this along to staff as a bug. noupload isn't working on the mac as stated and noscroll doesn't hide the scrollbars on the mac. That is why I'm wondering if I missed something. Just can get the combinations to work. noupload never show the upload button (you can still upload a file by dragging or right-clicking)

The NoUpload has been fixed in our SuperContainer source code and will work as expected in our next release of the plug-in, however no scroll should currently work as expected.

Even in smaller web viewers, SuperContainer should constrain and scale the image so that it fits (or tries to fit) the image in the web viewer window.

Please make sure that you are using "Files/" in your SC Web Viewer URL and not the "RawData/" protocol. RawData will show scroll bars if the web viewer is smaller than the full image size. The following is a link to a screen shot that shows a tiny web viewer (37 x 31) using the no scroll style (containing a large image) to the left, and a larger version of the image to the right in a bigger web viewer.

I hope this helps.

Just to be clear . . . because the last post changed formatting when posted . . . what is the problem. This is the desired setting:

"?style=noscroll+showdelete+noupload"

The results on the Mac "look" perfect. However, the results are not correct. The SC has wording "Drag file to upload" but when dragging file on SC, dialog appears "Javascript - This file is read-only" so there's no way to upload even though documentation states "noupload: never show the upload button (you can still upload a file by dragging or right-clicking).

Deleting noupload works fine, but then there is no delete button and control-click or right-click doesn't allow for deleting image.

Thanks ooparah. You posted while I was posting. This is the complete URL:

"http://10.0.1.200:8020/SuperContainer/Files/Production03/" & Sales Orders::Invoice ID & "?style=noscroll+showdelete+noupload"

Current working solution is acceptable for now. Added width and height parameters (which I had forgotten about) and only thing showing now is buttons. I'm good with that. Just hated the scroll bars all over the place.

"http://10.0.1.200:8020/SuperContainer/Files/Production03/" & Sales Orders::Invoice ID & "?width=140&height=80&style=noscroll+showdelete"

• 2 months later...

A Related Question:

When I use "Noscroll" on a Mac, it does work, but the "Delete" button is now hidden on the bottom ( the image fills the web viewer )

Your documentation says "Delete key deletes a file if SuperContainer is focused, so there is no need to display a "delete" button", but I can't seem to get this to work

how do I get focus?

If I click on the web viewer, the image link opens in a new browser ( and I can use the delete button there )

if I use "nolink", nothing seems to happen

Pressing the "delete" key does not seem to work either way

A Related Question:

When I use "Noscroll" on a Mac, it does work, but the "Delete" button is now hidden on the bottom ( the image fills the web viewer )

Increasing the size of the web viewer will remedy this.

Your documentation says "Delete key deletes a file if SuperContainer is focused, so there is no need to display a "delete" button", but I can't seem to get this to work

how do I get focus?

The documentation is referring to SuperContainer when running in "Applet mode" (i.e., on a Windows machine as Mac OS X has applets disabled due to the Apple bug with Java applets).

if I use "nolink", nothing seems to happen

From our documentation...

nolink disable the hyperlink for the document. Clicking on a thumbnail or document will not do anything.

This is expected for nothing to happen with the nolink URL parameter set.

I hope this helps.

This topic is 4401 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.