Searching database for records with content in SC web viewer

This topic is 4447 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using SCGetInfo, I have enabled a Boolean checkbox to visually indicate records that have SuperContainer content in their web viewer. However, since it is an unstirred calculation (which I cannot change), it is useless for filtering records down to only those with content in those web viewers.

[see example image]post-105889-0-79099100-1331699895_thumb.

Here's what I did:

Case ( SCGetInfo ( "/analysis/" & id Analysis Table for Lookup to Cases::AnalysisPOSIXname & "_CaseID" & id & "/" ) ≠ "" ; 1 ; 0 )

Having been away from FileMaker for a decade, I have not yet "cracked" how to do this. Perhaps someone can tell this "old Newbie" how simple it is?

Thanks in advance.

If you are trying to use this field in a relationship, then it's value must be stored. In other words, you will need to change the field to numeric format, then find a method to set it's contents by the calculation you showed. You can do this many ways, but a replace field contents script step is probably the easiest (this will replace the value for that field in the found set).

Is it really that difficult to flag records with content in the web viewer? I appreciate your response, Dan, but I was looking for an easier method that doesn't involve data replacement in my tables, although I'm not certain I follow what you are suggesting with a scripted rep ace command.

I want to be able to find records with SuperContainer content in the web viewer from all the records in my solution, not from within a found set - that is what I am searching for.

Best regards,

- - Scott

This topic is 4447 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.