fmGo iPad, Saving/Viewing PDF's and SuperContainer

This topic is 4434 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Howdy y'all, is this a valid approach to saving PDF's from an IPad into SC and having them be viewable soon-thereafter from web-viewer on same iPad???

On iPad in fmGo solution I can Save-As PDF and send PDF to a Local Email Address. Yipee!

I have a Web server that receives these emails and downloads the PDF's into the Documents Folder on server hard drive. Yippe!

Filemaker Client (not fmGo) running a dedicated local Image_Robot_File.fp7 can SEE that folder, and import only the new images into container fields, AND based on First word of Email Subject (foreign key) link that image back to Correct Record that was being viewed on iPad. Yippee!

How would you suggest migrating the process into SC?

Would I script something in the existing Robot File that loops newly imported images and 'sends' them to SC Server using companion plug-in (per SC integration video example?).

Thank you!!

Howdy y'all, is this a valid approach to saving PDF's from an IPad into SC and having them be viewable soon-thereafter from web-viewer on same iPad??? On iPad in fmGo solution I can Save-As PDF and send PDF to a Local Email Address. Yipee!

Sounds cool so far.

I have a Web server that receives these emails and downloads the PDF's into the Documents Folder on server hard drive. Yippe!

Still cool-sounding.

Filemaker Client (not fmGo) running a dedicated local Image_Robot_File.fp7 can SEE that folder, and import only the new images into container fields, AND based on First word of Email Subject (foreign key) link that image back to Correct Record that was being viewed on iPad. Yippee!

Yes, still cool... and call this a "shameless plug", but the only thing that I noticed is that this seems like it could be handled with the inclusion of 360Works' RemoteScripter, whose goal is to do exactly this. Now, don't get me wrong... if your solution works, it works... Either way, you can try RemoteScripter in 2-hr time blocks with full functionality and see how it works if you'd like.

How would you suggest migrating the process into SC? Would I script something in the existing Robot File that loops newly imported images and 'sends' them to SC Server using companion plug-in (per SC integration video example?). Thank you!!

Yes, this is exactly what you'd need to integrate this with SuperContainer. Once your image or PDF is in the Container field, you can just utilize the SCSetContainer() Companion plug-in function to upload the file to your SuperContainer server. Example usage:

SCSetContainer("path/to/my/file" ; Image_Robot_Table::Container_Field );

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact me via the phone number or e-mail address listed below.

Regards,

This topic is 4434 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.