Server Maintenance This Week. ×

looking for a filemaker hosting company

This topic is 4020 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all..

Sorry if this is not where i should have posted this..

I am looking for a know site/company with good reputation at hosting filemaker databases...Any one with an idea please fill me in...

Quick Question....When hosting a database...do i get a domain name that when entered in the url takes me to my database???

Have a look at our services at:

http://www.pointinspace.com/

We've been providing Professional FileMaker Hosting for over 13 years. Mention this post, and we'll give you your first month free too. Feel free to contact me here or off-list to jmay(at)pointinspace.com with any questions you may have.

Regarding your domain question - you can register a domain to access your database with, or use a yourname.pointinspace.com address with us.

- John

You can either use your own domain, or we can assign you a yourname.pointinspace.com address.

You can access your databases via any combination of the protocols listed here:

http://www.pointinsp...ro-hosting.html

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks!

- John

hi John...

my database is not incorporated with php...would the users need to have filemaker installed into their computers before they can open the database...

Since it is a small database...is there away that i can easily incorporate php..i have no much knowledge in php

thanks

If you are not using Custom Web Publishing with this database, then users would either have to have a copy of FileMaker to access the file across the internet, or you could look into Instant Web Publishing - this should suffice for simple databases with simple layouts.

As to using Custom Web Publishing (which uses PHP), it would probably not be 'easy' if you don't have the knowledge - you might like to get someone who does it professionally to assist.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Check Out: http://www.productivecomputing.com

Productive Computing, Inc., a Platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, is a full service FileMaker Pro hosting company. FileMaker hosting services allow customers to host their own FileMaker Pro solutions on Productive Computing servers in the cloud instead of purchasing and supporting the necessary server infrastructure themselves.

Try a 30-day FREE trial today!

FileMaker Hosting Differences You Can Count On:
While there are many choices out there for hosting a FileMaker Pro database, keeping things focused and simple to efficiently accomplish your hosting needs is our philosophy. Here are some things that make Productive Computing, Inc.'s FileMaker Pro database hosting service different:
  1. We are a large FileMaker Platinum development firm with extensive expert knowledge of all things FileMaker (not just a hosting company who may or may not know how FileMaker works under the hood).
  2. We have physical servers with SSD drives (nothing virtual, nothing outdated) and as a result have read/write times faster than traditional hard drives.
  3. We don’t overload our servers with too many files or customers and we always use the latest version of FileMaker Server and OS security patches after we have tested them.
  4. We perform local backups, twice daily backups to a physical attached drive, and to the cloud. That gives us 3 points of redundancy for disaster recovery and up to 30 days of data as well as weekly and monthly snapshots.
  5. We provide a weekly DropBox backup (more often if needed) for those customers who want the peace of mind to know their data is at their fingertips. No cumbersome FTP programs are required to get at your data should you need it.
  6. We provide direct FileMaker Server admin console access for users on FileMaker 12 where they can close and open files, download files, etc. We can provide direct access to FileMaker 11 Server admin as well for developers who request it.
  7. We provide a unique Instant Web Publishing (IWP) scenario that will auto redirect IWP users to a web page of your choosing upon IWP time out or IWP log out. We developed this technology here in-house and it’s truly one of a kind.
  8. Distance from the server to the client is a big factor which is why we are continuing to invest in our infrastructure by putting servers in all corners of the country.

This topic is 4020 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.