Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 8614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

sawindel

That's a great first post to the forum if all you want is our sympathy.

If you want real help, you'll have give us some more information like: what you are currently doing; and, how it fails to meet your requirements.

I have a field that has a Customer Order number entered into it, and I then want to have another field display this same information in a barcode. I've created the 2nd field and set the font to Bar 3 of 9, but can not get it to print a readable barcode out. Are there other barcode fonts available for FM and where would I find them?

I have had good results with Mac barcode fonts. All you should need to do is format the field to the correct font. Sources of fonts include:

www.riversedge.com www.bizfonts.com www.barcodefonts.com

Let us know what font package you are using and how you are formatting the fields. Has to be something fundamental. Every time I've set one up it's been a no-brainer. -bd

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Code 39 requires a start character and end character of * . If your customer number is 1234 it has to be represented as *1234* in order for the scanner to read it . Set up a calculation field, call it custnumbcode say, and use "*"&custnum&"*" represent this in your barcode font and it should scan.

This topic is 8614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.