Stand Alone Files and Backups

This topic is 4319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a client that has a single user database. Since he purchased his iPad, he has been using the database on there more and more. Up to now he has been manually moving the file back and forth between the iPad and the computer. There is no FileMaker server involved. Just one user, a copy of FM Pro and a copy of FM Go.

He is ready to make the jump to move the database entirely to the iPad. This will make his life much easier since he will no longer need to manage moving the file manually.

My main question is a backup strategy. If he backup to iCloud, is there a way to grab the daily backups? Or if something goes wrong, can I get access to the backups? What about backup to the local computer instead of using iCloud.

What are other peoples strategy for dealing with backups of GO?

Thanks in advance

• 3 months later...

I'm also looking for a backup-solution for FM Go. There must be a way by sending files as email-attachements from inside FM Go. Hard to deal with the 'Finder' system of iOS. What is the storage location of a FM Go file on the iOS? And therefor, what's the root-directory of any files to be determined as to be attached?

Most certainly, this wouldn't work with sending/performing same file that contains the task (send 'myself')

One way to handle this could be setting up a script that emails the file to a Dropbox address. Then you could ever manually back up by running the script or set it to run on file close (if you close the file). Then since Dropbox is available from multiple platforms, you could access the backups from everywhere, including your desktop and iPad.

This topic is 4319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.