Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Existing PHP

This topic is 4408 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am ready to install FM server advanced on a Windows 2003 server with Moodle, Hesk, and Wordpress already running and configured from this server. My question is when I install FMS will it destroy my current PHP setup with the existing applications?

Should I choose run PHP from and existing configuration.

I do not want to ruin my current server configuration..

Thanks for you help...

I think there is possibility you can select your server's php or Filemaker Server's PHP, I will share my personal experience, When i was using FileMaker Server 10 , it was php 5.2 that comes with Filemaker server 10, but my mac server had php 5.3 . I select to use Server's php instad Filemaker's PHP, But i did not see any results. Then i reinstalled FMS select FMS php , after that some how it worked.

** But I already had some web sites that was using php(5.3). those web sites got messy in the client browsers(this happen only when ever i installed FMS, when i remove fms web sites working fine). That time i was not able to fix the issue my own. But latter that i found you can change php.libso file from Mac server admin .

So make sure you have backup.

I think there is possibility you can select your server's php or Filemaker Server's PHP, I will share my personal experience, When i was using FileMaker Server 10 , it was php 5.2 that comes with Filemaker server 10, but my mac server had php 5.3 . I select to use Server's php instad Filemaker's PHP, But i did not see any results. Then i reinstalled FMS select FMS php , after that some how it worked.

** But I already had some web sites that was using php(5.3). those web sites got messy in the client browsers(this happen only when ever i installed FMS, when i remove fms web sites working fine). That time i was not able to fix the issue my own. But latter that i found you can change php.libso file from Mac server admin .

So make sure you have backup.

So you're saying if you continue to use the existing php setup and do not choose the FMS php engine your original configuration will not be disturbed?

Iam not expert on this. just telling you my personal suggestion, But i think to get best results use FMS's PHP engine(for me that method worked). Again that is related to your FileMaker PHP stuff. But if you have any other web sites which based on other php enginemay be you will have some minor issues.

This topic is 4408 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.