Server Maintenance This Week. ×

not sure what Template to use....

This topic is 4388 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

As a new user to FM, I'm not sure what the best Template would be for my situation. I want to create a database for Young Student Drivers. It would include names, start date of course, entries for 9 road lessons and 1 entry for road test. I'd like to be able to quickly check on what students are nearing their road test. Are there options of having an alarm or notification pop up within a week of their road test? Sorry for my ignorance here. I just want to get started on the right foot and the right Template. Thanks.

As a new user to FM, I'm not sure what the best Template would be for my situation. I want to create a database for Young Student Drivers. It would include names, start date of course, entries for 9 road lessons and 1 entry for road test. I'd like to be able to quickly check on what students are nearing their road test.

One of the starter solutions from Filemaker 12 should give you a good starting point. I would check out the Business - Projects and Business - People & Assets areas and find one that gives you the best starting point for what your wanting to accomplish.

Are there options of having an alarm or notification pop up within a week of their road test? Sorry for my ignorance here. I just want to get started on the right foot and the right Template. Thanks.

FMGrowler works great for those who are using Mac OS X for on-screen notifications.

Good luck and welcome to Filemaker!

• Newbies

I found a number of Starter Solutions but all of them have a number of entries that I need to get rid of, entries in which actions need to change, etc. I think I might need someone to give me some leading in what will work best before I spend too much time in the wrong direction.

Both the Projects and Event Management solution should work for me.

First thing I need to know is how to get the Template to show 10 "Lessons" (or Tasks) on for each person entered automatically, rather than have to add each Task. I'm finding it a bit overwhelming in Layout mode. Most of my entries only need Edit capabilities. No percentage, no progress bar, etc. I also want to have the Template I create to show all students in one viewing. Anyone willing to help out a bit here?

How do I attach a screenshot of what I have to my post?

• Newbies

I ended up creating a new database and entered a number of Fields and all the data. So, now I have all my data entered. How do I take one of the Fields created ("Lessons") to where I click on it a window will pop up with a list of 10 lessons will pop up with an entry for a date next to each lesson will appear for editing?

This topic is 4388 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.