Finding a telephone number

jdenver

This topic is 4368 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I hope Ive posted this in the correct topic. Im in the UK and would like to add a usb modem to my iMac so when a phone call comes in the modem see's the call ID and looks it up to display the customers details if they are already in my database.

Is the possible first and how would one go about creating this link between the modem and FM.

Thanks in anticipation.

It would probably require a custom written plug-in to communicate with the USB port and the modem.

I would not have a clue how to do this. Where would I start looking to solve this

I haven't tried it myself, but perhaps this might be useful:

http://www.jonn8.com/dialectic/

It would probably require a custom written plug-in to communicate with the USB port and the modem.

It's actually the other way round: you need the modem to initiate an AppleScript in order to communicate the caller ID to Filemaker.

Thanks 'comment', downloaded the dialectic program, but found it much to powerful for what I need.

It's actually the other way round: you need the modem to initiate an AppleScript in order to communicate the caller ID to Filemaker.

Yes, thats all I want, just need a straight forward simple way, but not sure how to get the caller ID from the modem

not sure how to get the caller ID from the modem

I don't know that either. Clearly, Filemaker is on the receiving end here - another application needs to be listening to the modem and pass the caller ID to Filemaker when an incoming call is detected. All of that is an exercise in OS X programming, not in Filemaker.

This topic is 4368 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.