Server Maintenance This Week. ×

calculating by using values contained within fields in a grand summary

This topic is 4386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi guys...

At the moment within my database I have a layout which is meant to tally hire costs for loan of a product, within this, 2 sub summary parts so that records are grouped by the day they were collected by the client and the unique serial number given to each loan.

The layout also has a grand summary in which the total of both the hire costs and Late fees are being tallied. This is all happening correctly.

However, when trying to use these values inside a calculation that totals up both the hire costs and the surcharge for being returned late, only the very last record on the reports hire cost and late fee are being used.

originally I had the calculation for the grand total as being "hire cost + late fee" however, this was what was initially giving the incorrect grand total.

I thought that the grand total field may have been ever so slightly in the 'part' above it however this was not the case... so as to why the total was not drawing its values from the summary fields, I do not know...

I have tried using alternate means such as using "Sum(hire cost) + Sum(late fee)" to no avail, and still getting the same calculate value. After scouring the net to try and find a solution to this none have been found...

Any ideas??? :hmm:

• Newbies

you are amazing! :laugh2:

used the GetSummary() function... didn't work, but after some looking into how to properly use the function the calculation works brilliantly!

turns out to use it in regards to a grand summary I needed to have the reference field and the break field the same

This topic is 4386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.