Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Server 11 (Win) Can't see Clients or Upload DB

This topic is 4349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello:

I am able to launch the Admin Console and I have full permissions to all the folders where Filemaker Server has been installed BUT for some reason I don't see any of the clients when they log on and when I tried to upload a database I get the infamous "One or more of your destination folders does not have enough space for the specified upload or it does not exist."

I have Java version 1.6.0_32.

My laptop is a Windows 7 platform

Filemaker Server Advanced Admin Console 11.0.2.217

Can anyone point me in the right direction or offer something I can look into?

I even tried just copying the database directly into the databases folder on the server machine in hopes that I would see it in the Admin Console but that didn't work either.

Any Thoughts -- anyone ? I'm pulling out what's left of my hair. ( lol )

Dom

and I have full permissions to all the folders where Filemaker Server has been installed BUT for some reason I don't see any of the

That's a slightly worrying statement: does that mean that OS-level file sharing is active there?

Was FMS installed to run under a different account than the default "LOCAL SYSTEM"?

FMS was installed using the defaults. I just meant that I have mapped drives to the Filemaker Server databases folder and the other folders under the Filemaker directory so I can see if the backups are actually there and to get at the documentations folder

Mapping means that you do have OS-level sharing active on the FMS live folders. That's the #1 cause for database corruption so it's a huge risk. Even if you are the only one with rights to it, it's a vehicle that can be used / changed. If you want to keep tabs on your deployment it's better to enable remote desktop on the FMS machine and pull files from other network places insted of making the FMS machine a network share.

Network shared could also mean that one of the users actually opens the files directly from a share and becomes the host instead of FMS. In that case you have your data dispersed among many copies of the files.

Other than that: what's the OS on the server? Could it be that there really is not enough disk space on the sever?

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 4349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.