Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal fields not showing on php

This topic is 4364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all

I'd really appreciate some help - I have no more ideas how to solve this.

I had a php layout showing individual records and four associated portals - all working fine - from FM layoutA.

I then created FM layoutB and a corresponding php layout, showing the same individual records but some new portals (for which I created new fields in FM).

The records show, but I am completely unable to get these new portals to show through PHP - it returns an 'Unknown Error'.

The php layout (and code) are fine. If I substitute a fieldname for one of the old portals it works.

Permissions are not the issue - I've tried with admin level access.

The table instances and relationships work throughout Filemaker.

I have even tried using Site Assistant to create a new php site and the portal fields don't show on there either.

Let me know if any code snippets or something would help. I'm at a bit of a loss.

Sam

• Newbies

Just gave that a go. They show up fine in that instance (layout directly linked to that table instance).

I wondered if this might be the issue - but I have tried generating a new site which doesn't seem to resolve the problem.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6535/kw/portal%20php

• Newbies

There must have been some issue with the DB itself. Rebuilding (saving as a compacted copy and reinstating the new version on FM server) resolved the issue. Thanks for the the help though - and hopefully this might help anyone else in the same situation.

This topic is 4364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.