Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Default Font

This topic is 4350 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All, I don't if this problem is just mine as it has not been mentioned anywhere in this forum but the default font setting just does not work for me. My default font is set to Verdana but everything comes in Helvetica. I also notice that , as in FM 11 and earlier, I can not click on an area outside any field and select a font. This means that I have to create my fields and then use Format painter to get the desired font. Bummer

Oyseka I'm also experiencing a similar issue with the default font. I'm unable to use the format painter set the fields, if i select a field or object with Verdana and try to use format painter to make other objects match, the object I paint always comes up Helvetica. Objects with Tahoma and Arial work fine.

The twist is that my home machine works fine so it must be a setting/bad file/permission or something. I've tried reinstalling but no luck. If I find a solutions I'll post it here.

If anyone has any suggestion I'm more than willing to listen. Developing a layout takes about 3x as long with format painter broken.

Update: I don't really have a resolution but new findings and very inconsistent results. It appeared that (my) issue could be with some objects not working with format painter after a conversion from 11 to 12. New objects (more specifically buttons, created in 12 appear to be working fine). However new plain text is still not functioning correctly.

This is very odd and frustrating.

Edited by grumbachr

Hi "grumbachr", my format painter works as far as font and alignment is concerned. I should perhaps say that I am on the trial version of FM12 downloaded from Filemaker. I have tried this on both of my Macs with a clean install on both systems with the same result.

This topic is 4350 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.