Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Restricting access to certain number of records

This topic is 4347 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am a novice as far as Filemaker pro is concerned.

I have created a database with a lot of questions for students to use.

I am now trying to install the database on a computer so that the students can use them. However, I want some of the questions to be accessible to them and the rest of the questions that are locked away so that I can use them for teaching when I need them.

To enable me to do the restriction, I have tried to create a field regarding availability of the question and said - available or unavailable to each of the question. So that I can sort which questions should be available to the students. Based on this field, I have then tried to create a start up script which tries to find the available questions. I have also created two accounts - one full privelege, other guest account with limited priveleges.

It seems that I have made a fundamental mistake somewhere and it does not work.

Could you please help me with this. and give me an example of a script i can use.

Thank you

Search the FM Forums here for Record Level Access. That's the concept you need to apply here. In the restricted privilge set you would set a condition that prevents viewing of the records you want the student not to be able to see.

Steven

This topic is 4347 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.