What is the "Admin account password" during initial offline sync?

This topic is 2323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The tutorial video by Sarah Mulligan stated that when a user synchronizes the offline file the first time before making any modifications, that they must "Enter the 'Admin' account password…". I haven't gotten to that step of the setup in a client offline file, but I am concerned that I must share this "Admin" password.

post-105889-0-88830800-1339139829_thumb.

post-105889-0-05398600-1339139855_thumb.

Is this the password for the "Admin" user name set up in "Security…"? Or, is it the password for the admin console of the server? Or, is this the admin password created during the MirrorSync install on the server?

Thanks in advance,

- - Scott

This is just the user account for that file. In our example, we happened to be logging in with the default 'admin' account that is created in every Filemaker database. It just asks for the password that goes with whatever username they used to log into the database.

So. It's just a matter of verifying the user account as set up in the "Security…" section of the database under the "File" menu? That's very good info, as I was under the impression that the user had to have "Full Access" admin privileges. If that is correct, perhaps you may wish to modify the documentation and accompanying videos to reflect that?

Best regards,

- - Scott

Well, when I attempted to set this up on a user's machine (not knowing I missed the foreign key mapping), it asked for the "Default password" for the database on the server. I tried using the password I used during Setup with MirrorSync Utility for accessing my list of hosted databases, but that did not work. I also tried the user's password, the Server admin password, the MirrorSync password — what password is it referring to?

Do I need to set the file option to login with a "default" account that I create with an accompanying password just for setup on user machines? Do I need to create a new file from the Utility unique to each user? I wish this was more clear. Perhaps you could illustrate?

- - Scott

Looking forward to your reply today.

Thanks in advance,

- - Scott Macdonald

• 4 years later...

I am having the same type of issue with MiirorSync 3. Each time I try to do the first offline sync, I have the FileMaker JDBC, 213 password incorrect error. 

I have the mirrorsync layout display the username so I know I am entering the correct password. 

I should note I only receive the error from FileMaker Go, if I try it on the desktop, I have no issues.

What else can I try?

Edited by slbr549

• 1 year later...

This topic is 2323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.