Filemaker vs Web Security

This topic is 4344 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a filemaker db using the "Single File" aspect of super container. Users need a password to access the data which meets our security needs. The problem arises with the rawdata ability of the utility. We want the ability to click on a preview to open a larger view using a web browser. However a semi-savy user can easily figure out the path leaving data open to prying eyes. I have set the server name and password right now to close the hole but that means everyone must log in twice using Filemaker. Once to access the file and a second time to view an image using the single file command. Is there a way to separate the server security or to place a password in a field calculation using the single field command?

It also appears that you cannot use a password protected server when using filemaker go. I assume this is because the password dialog is a java element? I wish the documentation had indicated this before I purchased the program. Nothing prevents someone from accessing personal data on our scans except a password. And it doesn't work on Filemaker Go?

Here's a link that discuss how to add SuperContainer credentials to your SC URLs so that you can avoid the duplicate login.

I wish the documentation had indicated this before I purchased the program. Nothing prevents someone from accessing personal data on our scans except a password. And it doesn't work on Filemaker Go?

We offer a free, fully-functional demo of all our plug-ins that is available for download on our website. We recommend that you develop with and utilize the functional demo prior to purchase, so that you can get a good understanding on how the plug-in will work with your solution.

Also, I would recommend taking a look at these security suggestions when working with SuperContainer, available on our Product Support wiki page for SuperContainer.

Generally speaking, FileMaker Go works fine with SuperContainer. The only issues you would run into is trying to use the SuperContainer Companion plug-in with FileMaker Go. The reason for this is because FileMaker Go does not work with any plug-ins -- whether from 360Works or not.

I hope this makes sense.

This topic is 4344 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.