Value List for 4 Different Client Types and 4 Different Item Categories

geraldh

This topic is 4324 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear All,

Here is the task I wish to accomplish.

I wish to generate Estimates, Invoices, Pay and Loss Statements for Events.

Depending on the type of Client for the Event, the set of items that are to populate the Line Items for these documents are different.

To illustrate, Client Type B will have a certain set of items (Venue, Food, Labour, and Other) that are different from Client Type A (different in the selection of items as well as pricings); that are different from Client Type C.... and so on.

I aniticipate 4 types of clients.

In addition to this, I wish to break down the "value lists" into: "Venue Rental", "Food", "Labour", and "Other".

Is then the best way to have a separate table for these Items, and then give each Item a value for "Client Type" and "Item Type"?

As you can probably guess, the reason I am trying to do this is so only the Value List that is relevant to the Client Type (eventually wish to script this some how) and the desired Item Category will be displayed when making an Estimate, Invoice, or P+L.

Otherwise, I can see my users have a popup or drop down menu that is too long to scan every time they have to populate a Line Item.

I have decided to try this approach after following the discussions below. However, I think what I want may be a little more amibitious than the ones discussed in the forums. I was wondering if anyone might have any insight into my approach -- are there some pitfalls I cannot see? Is there a better way?

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

http://fmforums.com/...ment-something/

http://fmforums.com/...t-sort-problem/

This topic is 4324 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.