Can't input any data

This topic is 4277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I don't know what I did wrong but I can't input any new data iinto any of my records. Whenever I click into a box to add in new information about a project that is in progress it won't let me type into it. I am in Browse mode so I don't know why its limiting me.

Check the field formatting and make sure the field entry in browse mode is selected.

Can you create new records? If not then check whether the file is locked, or whether it is on a locked volume.

Another possible cause ... maybe those non-enterable fields are actually related RECORD'S fields and 'allow creation' in the graph is not on, in which case you can type into fields when there is already a relationship but are prohibited when not.

Yes I think it has something to do with the relationships between the tables I have. There are 3 tables and Table 1 is my main table and I am able to edit the fields. But Table 2 and Table 3 I can not add any data to the blank fields. I don't know what I did wrong with the relationships between the tables though. When I remove the relationship graphs the empty fields on Table 2 and 3 says <unrelated table>.

Any suggestions?

Sure, when you delete a table occurrence, any fields which reference it will no longer be related to your layout. I could tell you to turn on 'allow creation' in the graph (which I mentioned before) but if table 2 or 3 are the 'many' side of this relationship, allowing creation if they are FIELDS on the layout instead of portal will not allow multiple record selection.

We need to know what those relationships had represented. I suggest you create an empty clone File > Save Copy As ... zip it and attach it. :^)

Well here is what I have. I am not too familiar with how relationships work so I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly. The BIA table is the main table. I will need to input data into the Control table and the Definitions table.

The definitions table is just a reference table of what each field means

The Control table is basically an expansion of the BIA Table

When I am in browse mode I am unable to add data to the empty fields in both the Definitions and Control tables. I can only input data in the fields that already have data in it.

Document1.doc

This topic is 4277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.