Server Maintenance This Week. ×

display changing records in a static layout without interfering with a web viewer

This topic is 4282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello

I have some urls the user can see in a web viewer. While they have the urls open i would like to see some quotes (text) change in another part of the layout. I would like them to change every 30 seconds. The problem is when a script is used it displays continue or cancel options. I am asking if there is an other way to show these different quotes without straining the look of the layout and no need for user interaction. It would just change at regular intervals. Thank You

Yes I have a web viewer going in my file that displays a web page.

In the file( Filemaker) I have some hidden inspirational quotes ( about 500 of them)

I would like filemaker to display a different quote every 30 seconds but not interfere with the user.

All I have been able to come up with is a script that moves from quote to quote record but it has the script continue and cancel thing going and when the script is running the users hands are tied.

I am trying to have these quotes change somehow in the background so it essentially doesn't shut down the users ability to do something else with the file.

You could install a Timer Script set to 30 seconds. To improve the user experience, either retrieve the quotations via GetNthRecord () or load a List () of the quotations into a $$var and use GetValue ().

As Michael pointed out already, you can use a web viewer to display the quote and even use Javascript / jQuery to rotate them.

Also as EOS pointed out you can use FileMaker as well.

See attached.

quote_banner.zip

This topic is 4282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.