Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error 400 uploading from web

This topic is 4277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all ...

I am running version 2.863.

Have a solution where folks can upload files from a web page. For some reason, I have a few folks that cannot get this to work from their stations. It is not specific to browser or platform. The function connection to the SC server works properly, but $sc->getError() returns "The requested URL returned error: 400" after performing the upload function.

I myself cannot duplicate this problem from any of my own computers, and have tried several at my physical location as well as some remote computers.

Thanks so much for any help on this.

Darren

Hmm, do you have the specs on one of the problem machines?

OS?

Java version?

On what OS is the SC server being hosted on?

If given direct access to the SC server, can one of the problem machines successfully upload via the web interface to a SC URL from their machine (i.e. not using your web solution):

ex: http://yourserver/SuperContainer/Files/TestUpload

• Newbies

OSX 10.7.4

Java 14.3

Hosting on Windows Server 2008 R2

And yes, they can upload from the SC URL directly.

only nonconventional usage here is that the file is first uploaded to the server, then SC is asked to "upload" the file from a server local folder to the SC repository ... both of those are on the same physical machine. Works on my Mac, same OS, same Java version, same network, etc. It boggles my brain.

I have the same error when deleting files within FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced. The file gets deleted (I see it being removed from the server directory) but the file icon remains within the Web Viewer, so you can't upload another one. However when I delete the documents within IWP it works fine!

Its almost as if the cache doesn't refresh to tell SuperContainer there's no file there. Any ideas?

(FileMaker Server 12 Advanced, W7 Professional, IIS 7.5)

Ah I saw Obinna's reply on this thread: http://fmforums.com/...iner-error-400/

We are currently working to fix some of the caching issues with SuperContainer that surfaced in our more recent release. However, in the interim, you could add a "Reload Web Viewer" script step after performing SC File deletions/uploads. This would ensure you have the most recent 'state' of the web viewer being shown. Again, we are working to resolve this issue locally and I will be more than happy to let you know via this forum thread when the issue has been resolved and released in a new version.

Obinna, is there any guidance/documentation you could provide for this solution?

This topic is 4277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.