Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMServer 12 not compatible with Mountain Lion

CvM

This topic is 4239 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

After spending quite a few hours trying to get a brand new MacMini Server just upgraded to Mountain Lion Server to work with our new FMS12, I finally came across this article on the FM knowledge base which bluntly states that Apple's latest operating system will NOT work with its subsidiary's latest database server with respect to web publishing, PHP and several other features. The installation process itself provides no indication of this, other than the web server not being located at the final stage of the deployment process.

I phoned our local FM branch and even more bluntly they told me that engineers were 'working on it' and they could not or would not share any news on when this might be completed, nor were they able or willing to try and find out.

Now while it is totally understandable that quirks of a new OS can take you by surprise, it is hard be as forgiving in the case of FIlemaker vs. Apple. I imagine beta testing in an ML environment could and should have taken place. It would seem that amidst all the gloating announcements of new and improved features of FM12, including a slight warning upfront might prevent customers from spending many hours on a wild goose chase. Or why not drop licensed users of FMS12 a short email as soon as you find out and update the knowledge base?

And the arrogant unhelpfulness of the Dutch FM spokesperson on the phone was simply vexing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am using Mountain Lion and FMSA12 with an IWP solution. Update to v2 solves iwp/mountain lion compatibility issues, just use the v2 installer.

However, the random 701 errors caused by tabbed layouts, containers, and memory leaks were not addressed with the v2 update.

This topic is 4239 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.