Server Maintenance This Week. ×

MirrorSync 1.26 Setup error on copying script steps

This topic is 4235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I get an error when trying to copy the script steps as part of the MirrorSync setup, clicking the "Copy Script Steps" button:

Could not copy script onto clipboard: java.rmi.ServerError: Error occurred in server thread; nested exception is: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.util.ResourceBundle.containsKey(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

(see screen shot)

Setting other elements to clipboard works fine.

Any clues?

post-91903-0-46889700-1344874994_thumb.p

Hi David - Java 6 or later is required on the machine that you use to configure MirrorSync. Mac OS X 10.5 only included Java 5. You'll need to find a computer with a more recent OS, or else a Windows computer with a more recent copy of Java. Keep in mind that this requirement is only for the setup and configuration of MirrorSync - your MirrorSync server should be fine running 10.5, and the connected Mac / Windows / iOS clients don't need Java at all.

I'm working on a change to make this system requirement stop you immediately at launch, instead of giving you a error while trying to do the configuration.

Actually, I just checked and my 10.5 test machine does have both Java 5 and 6 installed. It sounds like your computer is launching Java 5 by default. I will send you a separate e-mail with a version of MirrorSync that will force Java 6 to be used, if both are installed.

Hi Jesse,

I still get exactly the same error message.

I first simply installed the update, and when that didn't work, completely re-installed MirrorSync, cleared Java cache and change the order of preference in which Java versions are launched (see screen capture).

post-91903-0-40862600-1345023123_thumb.p

Yay! 1.2607 that you e-mailed me did the trick - at least as far as copying the script steps goes.

Any idea on when there will be an "official" release with this fix?

I probably won't have the time to do more testing in a while, but I would expect the rest to work fine since this was a very specific, isolated issue.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Hi

I have the same kind of problem at the same step while seting up a 1.31 demo version on a windows 7 familiale edition premium with java 6.

The error message is :

Could not copy script into clipboard : java.lang.illegalstateException:Closing if block before closing Si ( remaining block type stack: )

Thanks for your help

Olivier

We're looking into a solution for this. In the meantime, one way to fix this is to switch your operating system language to English, do the MirrorSync setup (or just the copy and paste step #4, which is where the problem is), and then switch back to French.

This topic is 4235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.