Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error Codes in Networking

HFM

This topic is 8349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I ended up with the same error code. Mine occured when I tried to enable sharing. It told me that the file could not be set to multiuser becasue of a network error (-10). I also got (-2) at timesa s well. I've seached all the interent databases and can not figure what these codes me. I remember they may have referred to some sort of Mac error code but I'm using an all Windows network so I don't know where it came from.

I do not have a solution and still get the error. Someone sugeted taht I unistall and reinstall the application. I haven't donethat yet to see if it works. Strange because I got this on both machines I was trying to use. It would seem that if it was an install corruption, that it would be unlikely to occur on both machines. I don't know?

Please let me know if you come up with a solution. I'm suposed tohave the database up and running by tomorrow... looks like I'll be in trouble.

• 2 months later...

Well many weeks latter I solved the error code 10 thing.

The problem was in the computer's configuration for networking.

They were old dinasuars and there was a conflict with the network card as it was not plug and playing correctly. The original Dr Frankenstien that put the PCs together had disabled plug and play as the rest of the hardware was too old to use it.

It wasn't filemaker at all. I failed to realize though I couldn't see anything else on the network. It should have been obvious.

Hope you've got this resloved by now.

This topic is 8349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.