Server Maintenance This Week. ×

NT server refuses to serve

rasta

This topic is 8350 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

A client of mine is running a solution since one year. His set-up is NT server running FMP5 and 12 PCs (win95 & 98).

A couple of weeks ago someone in the company decided to doanload a Service Pack Upgrade from Microsoft and installed it on the server (great idea!! this person is Not computer litterate and just was on the MS site and thought it was a cool thing to do!!!). Since then the clients do not "see" the host files anymore.

I have reinstalled FMP, but nothing.

The solution for me is to install the files on another machine, then no problem.

Any suggestions??

Thanx,

Steven

Hi,

Not really because all other network connections work (IP connection to router, connection to AppleTalk network via PCMacLan, IP connection to printers, ...) so I assumed that it cannot be a network problem. I will try to ping the server tomorrow.

Steven

quote:

Originally posted by Steven Bennett:

Hi,

Not really because all other network connections work (IP connection to router, connection to AppleTalk network via PCMacLan, IP connection to printers, ...) so I assumed that it cannot be a network problem. I will try to ping the server tomorrow.

Steven

We just de-installed PCMaclan. It was doing havoc on our Intranet and was sending packets (flooding) even Extranet.

We dedicated NT server to serve PCs and Macs and it is also running FileMaker server, plus 2 email servers.

Then we dedicated 1 Apple 360 old printer to take care about Macs and 1 HP is for PCs.

So we do not need PCMaclan anymore (it was possible to print to any printer) and it really shows on TCP/IP performance!

This topic is 8350 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.