Server Maintenance This Week. ×

No error reported yet no file uploaded

This topic is 4259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have used the

SCSetContainer

command to create a file in a specific folder from a container with a jpeg image. The command returns a "1" which says no error occurred. However viewing the server log it says "You can't upload files to this location" . All permissions are correct and the progress bar appears that something is uploaded however it is not. The message from the server is a little to sparse to figure out....

Hey,

So, does the file eventually get uploaded? What version of the SC Companion Plug-in are you using? Same question for SC server? Ensure that you're running consistent versions of the plug-in and server -- most importantly, the latest version (2.864).

Also, how is SC deployed? Standalone? Via Web Publishing Engine? Tomcat?

I am using 2.864 release version and the PC plugin in that release. It runs as a stand alone. Filemaker Server 11 is running on this PC that is running Windows 7 Professional. The filemaker client sets the base url when a file is launched. A bug with the plugin was also reported when trying to use a portal to display multiple jpeg images. The advice was to disable the plugin in that portal. The portal then worked using only HTML. The progress bar is displayed and a check of the result shows a "1" which indicates a success in uploading. Checking the upload location (and everywhere else on the PC) shows no file. The SC server throws the error" You cannot upload to this location". All preferences have been double checked and files can be manually uploaded, downloaded, edited and changed at the desired location.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for a fix for this problem. Running windows 7 it appears impossible to specify a different upload location (even after setting the server and base url) and then upload a file. Are the ANY work arounds for this problem??

Still waiting for a fix for this problem. Running windows 7 it appears impossible to specify a different upload location (even after setting the server and base url) and then upload a file. Are the ANY work arounds for this problem??

Hmm, as far as specifying different upload locations (i.e. where files would be stored on the Windows 7 Professional machine) would be handled and set in the SuperContainer standalone server window -- Options -> Files Directory.

The progress bar is displayed and a check of the result shows a "1" which indicates a success in uploading. Checking the upload location (and everywhere else on the PC) shows no file. The SC server throws the error" You cannot upload to this location". All preferences have been double checked and files can be manually uploaded, downloaded, edited and changed at the desired location.

Hmm, if permissions have been checked and the uploads are returning a 1, then I am a bit baffled by this behavior. I think it would be best if you and I scheduled a time to screen share and take a deeper look at this issue for a resolution. How long have you been experiencing this sort of behavior?

Let me know when you have a moment of free time and contact me at the e-mail address or phone number below so that we can set up that screen sharing session.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Issue was that a full URL, along with a filename, was being passed into the SCSetContainer() function)... ex:

SCSetContainer( "93.999.999:8020/SuperContainer/Files/Test/MyImage.jpg"; Table::ContainerField );

One way to fix it was to pass in the folderPath and the desired filename you wish to rename the file to as an additional parameter:

SCSetContainer( "/Test"; Table::ContainerField ; "filename=MyImage.jpg" );

However, because the plug-in call was returning a "1" tosses this under the "bug" label. We will work on fixing this in a future release of the plug-in.

Regards,

This topic is 4259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.