Error: Mirrorsync script out of date or missing script steps

This topic is 4028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there !

I'm having some troubles setting up Mirror Sync.

Database setup steps 1-4 going well, but clicking on Finished get the message:

You will not be able to successfully sync. MirrorSync script is out of date or missing script steps. Would you like to save changes anyway?

Can you help me with this?

Mac OS 10.7.3 Client. (dutch language)

Filemaker Server 12.0v2

Hello Nico,

We added support for the Dutch version of FIleMaker in 1.26. Please make sure you have downloaded the most recent version of MirrorSync.

Could you open the MirrorSync script in the server version of the file and let me know what it looks like? Just a screenshot of the first few lines might help diagnose the problem.

Thank you,

Sarah

Hi Nico,

Thank you for the screenshots! I think we've found the issue with the triangle error. Please download this file and try to install this new version of MirrorSync, it should solve the problem.

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1681178125/f356b5b716b7b6a927b42bd8a93cf4bd

Thanks again,

Sarah

Hi Nico,

No, that should have worked. Can you please send me your MirrorSync server log file? On Mac, this is located at /Library/FileMaker Server/Logs/360Plugin Logs. On Windows, it is located at C:Program FilesFileMakerFileMaker ServerLogs360Plugin Logs.

Thank you,

Sarah

Thank you.

Nico, it looks like the Dutch version of the web publishing engine produces slightly different date and time formatting outputs. If it all possible, could you perhaps set up a test account where I could access your XML publishing engine? This would help me sort out why I'm getting a different result than I expected.

You can email me at [email protected]

Thank you!

Sarah

• 7 months later...

I am having the same problem maybe its related to the language I had spanish, but turn into english and the problem remains I am trying with a really simple table, just 4 fields (PK, name, price and modification) every thing have been done at least 4 times in spanish and in english (FMP Adv 11v4) and always the red triangle remains with the same text that started this thread. Any help is welcomed 

Fellas,

The problem here is not the language, but the region. The number, time, and date formats are to blame. What's probably happening is your computer (and filemaker if it is inheriting locale settings from the system) are using number formats that differ from your Java installation's number formats. So when we try to set a variable to 1.4306, FileMaker comments this out because it should have been set to 1,4306. In the newer, unreleased build, this issue is fixed, and a new release will be rolled out soon, but for now, the easiest way to fix this is to edit the script right after pasting it. Look at the very beginning of the script for the step: "Set Variable[$mirrorSyncVersion ; Value:/*1.4306*/] and change the value to either 1,4306 or "1.4306" in quotation marks. Either change will suffice.

Hopefully that will resolve the client info NullPointerException problem you guys are experiencing.

Cheers

This topic is 4028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.