Exporting and Importing on the server to move data between tables

This topic is 4243 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script that works fine on a client, but I can’t seem to get working correctly on the server with a server script. Can anyone help detect my (scripting) problem. I have tried many different versions and am failing somewhere obvious to most I am sure. Thanks. I have attached a sample file with my script.

no sample file attached

some common issues with server scripts are:

• incompatible script steps: select "Server" in the Show Compatibility option in the bottom left corner of the Edit Script window
  • wrong context: make sure to go to the correct layout
  • startup script with incompatible script steps, so doesn't create the "default" environment you expect

Try the correct file prefix "filewin" or "filemac" instead of just "file" Relatives paths behave differently on server.

Also make sure to pick the correct file format in the import script step.

If the script is not working, I would expect an entry in the FMS event log with the error, do you see anything there?

Can’t import from one file to another on the server. You must export first then import.

OK, the problem I am running into is the find actually. Should of checked that first. In the script that I am running, I am trying to find info in a related table…doesn’t work on the server side scripts. Thanks for all the helps

This topic is 4243 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.