Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Show Container field's file in Finder

This topic is 4244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Everyone,

I've checked and searched here and in the manual but no joy!

I've got a container field that has things like pdfs jpegs etc in it, and i'll like to be able to see the file in the finder (so that i can then drag / drop into things like email).

Can anyone point me in the right direction / link me to a solution? Im guessing that there's a script step of some type that would solve it.

Many thanks for any help you can give,

Slater

Many thanks, as always, Comment. Having the containing folder open is good enough for me.

I'm having a bit of trouble with this. When i run the file that you linked to in FMP9, i can add files and open them, but the button for opening the folder doesn't work for me, nothing happens. (When running the same thing but within my FMP12 db, i get Safari opening - Mac OSXLion - rather than the Finder. Where might i be going wrong?

Many thanks,

Slater

Hi Guys,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've just tried it in FMP12 and the same thing: clicking the "open folder" button doesn't do anything. I'm going to be away from my computer for a couple of days, but once i'm back i'll have a look around and then i'll report back.

Many thanks,

slater

This topic is 4244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.