Portal "construcion"

WallFilm

This topic is 4247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I hope to see in my portal a series of images

My Mac DB fmp12 has an ID relationship with another DB where I have the images

In the portal I create I can see the images, however I hope to be able to display them "horizontally" or, if possible, create rows and columns kind of design

I hope be able to see as many images is possible rather than scrolling veriticaly. My screen is half empty ....

Is this possible?

Else do I need to create several relationships all linked through the ID equal in both DBs?

Thanks a lot .... but I am new in using portals ....

:mad:

you can create multiple portals next to each other. Have each portal with a different starting records number. For example you can have the first portal display 5 records ( 1-5 ). The second portal display 5 records ( 6-10 ). The third portal display 5 records ( 11-15 ) etc etc.

Technically, all the image records will already have a record number you can access via Get ( RecordNumber ), but you don't need that to implement what mr_vodka is describing. In the "Portal Setup" dialog for each portal, the "Format" section gives you fields to specify "Initial row" and "Number of rows," which is what you'd use to make that happen. So the first portal's initial row would be 1, and display 5 rows; the second portal's initial row would be 6; the third portals initial row would be 11; and so on. Each portal should use the same table occurrence.

If you're going to do this, I recommend that you not show the vertical scroll bars in the portals, since that would enable each portal to display the contents of the later portals, which can be confusing to users. If the portals re-size vertically with the window, make sure some object in the portal rows also resizes vertically; this way, the portal rows will grow larger, and users will see the same number of portal rows, rather than larger windows revealing more (visually duplicated) rows with the other portals. To accomodate extreme cases where some record has more related images than your portal will accomodate, you might consider adding a "More images..." button that opens a list view of all the images in a new window.

THANKS Jeremy and Thanks vodka it really works --- I can even click on the pic and get the original huge image

HOwever ... I tried Lion for a couple of weeks then reverted back to SL any hints on Mountain? I ask becaue It took me about 3 days to erase Lion and go back to SL

FM 12 seems to get lost a lot of times, and I need to restart the whole machine to get my files talk to each other again. Is this a SL drawback?

Regards

I haven't used FileMaker 12 with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) since it was released after I had upgraded to 10.7. But I have been using FileMaker 12 on 10.8, and I haven't had any problems.

This topic is 4247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.