Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem working with sql server

omar

This topic is 4247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello , im new i have a question

why can i read the data of my sql server tables?

I create a fmp12 file and add the external data source, when i click the acept button, it loads all the records, but if i add another record direcly to the database using navicat , mi fmp12 doesnt sync, do you know what can i do??

at my fmp12 file i added two fields called id_usr and user (the same as i have it in the sql server database).

If i add a record on fmp12 the sql server database didnt update to the new record.

Sorry for my english!

Thanks in advance!

Did you Refresh the records? In order to "see" data changes, you need a Refresh (under the Records table).

You shouldn't ned the id_user field in the fmp12 table (in fact, I'm not sure how you were able to add it, since you cannot add number or text fields to a shadow table).

• Newbies

I think im going wrong, please help me the problem is this,

If theres anything the fmp doesnt do please tell me, here we go:

I want to build a system, this system need to import the information from a sql server database, but i mean in real time.

example: if other software update, add or modify records on the sql server db, how cain i do to read all that modification inserts, etc into my filemaker db and viceversa?

does my sql server need special permisions in orther to interact withe filemaker sync?

thing2:

I had installed both fmp12 and fmpS12 if i run my file locally it ask me for a user and password in order to conect the odbc, (is there any way to remember this pass?).

But if I upload the DB into fmpServer, the same, it askme for the user and password, but if i put the correct login, its says something like administrador de contorladores odbc , la arquitectura del sdn especificado no coincide entre el controlador y la aplicacion, please help me, thanks in advance!

P.D i solved the thing2 i must have to add the dsn system into the win64 and 32 bits app on sysWOW64

Omar,

An ESS does not behave the same way as a native FM table. You will need to refresh the records (which can be scripted, triggered, etc.).

Have you read the white paper on ESS. It's very helpful. http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-pro/sql.html

• Newbies

Omar,

An ESS does not behave the same way as a native FM table. You will need to refresh the records (which can be scripted, triggered, etc.).

Have you read the white paper on ESS. It's very helpful. http://www.filemaker...er-pro/sql.html

thanks in advance, ok i know, that i just wanted to be sure, other thing, im want that if i add a new record on filemaker, this record also move to the sql server db, is that possible?

i made a button linked to a script, called sql statement, and this works fine on the desktop, but if i press this button on a mobile device it says that this device cant support the sql script, is there any other alternative?

This topic is 4247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.