Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Connecting to FM Server via Run Time Application

Joe_Schmo

This topic is 4258 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert a fp7 database to fmp12, then to a stand alone run time and have it access the original database in fp7 format hosted on FMP 10 Server?

We currently have FMP10 Server and about 20 machines with a standard FMP10 client installed. We've purchased FMP12 Server and a few client licenses but are trying to avoid upgrading ALL the clients if the run time solutions can be used to access either server. We would prefer if they could access the FMP 10 server, at least for now until the migration is complete.

If it is possible, do you have to change the table::field reference for every field in every table to the remote DB? Or is there a simple way that's more of a global reference to the remote DB that affects all fields?

Ok, but just to be clear- I'm not trying to share a single run time build to multiple users over the network. I want multiple builds of the runtime on multiple machines to all access the same database on the server. So you're saying THAT is not possible right? I know you can't share a signle build over the network. Just want to make sure we're talking about the same scenario here. Thanks :)

This topic is 4258 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.