Server Maintenance This Week. ×

"Aborted by User" / "Invalid Command" Running a System-Level Script on FTS12

scchoi

This topic is 4232 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, I'm fairly new to this forum and to FMS in general but I've been working on the Training Series the past couple days and I've recently stumbled on a problem I'm unable to fix.

After creating this simple system-level script to run on schedule (for cold backup) I am getting an error that states aborted by user and/or invalid command. My suspicion was that it had to with my system since I had an error opening FTS 12 several times and I had to reinstall it, but I am receiving the same error when I attempted to run it on PC (I'm currently working on a Mac).

I believe that FTS is having trouble finding/locating the script which is causing this error. I've spent many hours troubleshooting this trying to find a solution but have had no luck.

Suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Stanley

Here's my script:

#!/bin/sh

fmsadmin send -m “Pausing” -u schoi -p Password123!

fmsadmin pause -u schoi -p Password123!

fmsadmin backup -u schoi -p Password123!

fmsadmin resume -u schoi -p Password123!

fmsadmin send -m “The backup is complete. Files are again open for use” -u schoi -p Password123!

I removed the "#!/bin/sh" should that not of made a difference for Windows?

The settings were all correct, I checked time and time again that the privileges were given full the custom access. Using iRepair, I gave the Owner, Group, and Others full access with "Exec." in addition to setting it 777 under fmserver / fmsadmin.

This topic is 4232 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.