Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Dealing with multiple page fax confirmations

This topic is 4222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I'm currently working on a solution where the customer wants to save a copy of a faxed document that is appended with confirmation data. This wouldn't be a huge deal if they just wanted the first page, but they want every page to include confirmation data.

I was originally planning on using the SCGetinfo ( <document> ; "pagecount" ) feature that is built into SuperContainers to get the number of page of the fax. Then I was going to script a loop through the pages of the PDF, set a web viewer using SCRawData and set a URL that contained "#page=$myVariable" and then print a copy of the layout with the confirmation data and image of the web viewer to PDF Then I was going to stitch all the PDF's back together and save them as a new file in Supercontainers.

Well, it turns out there's a couple of problems: A) Web viewers do not work in preview mode (Or at least I haven't been able to get it to work yet) and, B) SCRawData returns the built-in acrobat editor which places a scroll bar to the side of the document, editing modules, note markup, etc.

What's the best way to do this with SuperContainers? (FYI I'm also using ScriptMaster and Scribe if that makes any difference)

James,

It looks like you'll probably need to use a standard FileMaker Container field to grab and store the PDF preview. Hopefully you're running SC in standalone mode on Mac OS X so that you can grab a preview of the PDF image using Core Images X library and save that to a container field using SCGetContainer() (with a width and page number specified).

This should eliminate the Preview mode problem as well as the Acrobat Editor raining on your parade.

Hopefully it works out for you. This is my best suggestion without sitting down with pen, paper, and a gallon of coffee.

Regards,

James,

It looks like you'll probably need to use a standard FileMaker Container field to grab and store the PDF preview. Hopefully you're running SC in standalone mode on Mac OS X so that you can grab a preview of the PDF image using Core Images X library and save that to a container field using SCGetContainer() (with a width and page number specified).

This should eliminate the Preview mode problem as well as the Acrobat Editor raining on your parade.

Hopefully it works out for you. This is my best suggestion without sitting down with pen, paper, and a gallon of coffee.

Regards,

Unfortunately I'm running a SuperContainers version that hosted on a server. I tried the above method and it either results in a minuscule thumbnail or a completely illegible (like 1 pixel resolution) thumbnail being rendered.

Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately I'm running a SuperContainers version that hosted on a server. I tried the above method and it either results in a minuscule thumbnail or a completely illegible (like 1 pixel resolution) thumbnail being rendered.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the assist! Apparently I was passing invalid parameters as it now works great. Now I have another problem, the thumbnails aren't displaying in the Container in preview mode -_-

Sounds like a filemaker problem though, I'll dig around and see if I can't find a fix...

This topic is 4222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.