Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Calculate weekly dates avoid holidays

This topic is 4198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys, need some help please. Ive been searching on Briandunnings and fmfunctions website and I can't find anything I can use easily.

I have the following inputs:

No_of_Weeks = 5

StartDate = 11/5/2012

Week_Holidays [

11/12/2012

11/19/2012

]

I want to calculate and end date based adding 5 weeks to the start date. The problem is if there are any holidays within 5 week range, I need it to add a further week(s).

Any help would be appreciated. Not really looked at recursive custom functions before

I want to calculate and end date based adding 5 weeks to the start date. The problem is if there are any holidays within 5 week range, I need it to add a further week(s).

Let us be very clear here: if there is any number of holidays within the 5 weeks following StartDate, you want to add 6 weeks to StartDate? What if there are any holidays in the 6th week itself?

Also, where is the holidays list coming from?

Hi Comment, thanks for replying. Sorry, the way I phrased the question was vague. For everyone week of holiday, I want the number of weeks to extend by 1 (so the final end date increases to take account for the holidays).

You've the nail right on the head, in my example above, I have two (they are weekly) holidays that are within the 11/5/2012...12/10/2012 (5 weeks), so I want it it to add another two weeks ultimately making my end date become 12/24/2012. However if the 12/24/2012 is a holiday and the week beyond that is a holiday, I want the end date to be a date which isn't a holiday.

The holiday list is coming from a portal, i'm using the list() to gather the details.

The more I think about it, I think I may try and script it and use a script trigger as my head is buzzing thinking about CF....

IIUC, you need to have two loops here: the outer loop takes a week at a time, and counts until it reaches 5 "clean" weeks. The inner loop goes over the days of the currently processed week and checks them against the list of holidays. If you're scripting this, you could use a relationship here to fetch the holidays falling in the currently processed week - otherwise you need a list of all holidays later than StartDate.

It's not that complicated, but it is a lot of work.

This topic is 4198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.