FMGo12 persistent logins and deleted records

This topic is 4184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FM Go v12 has the ability to automatically resume a session with a remote database after the the app has been placed in the background.

I realise that this can be a very useful feature, however I noticed that if the Go client is on a particular record when the connection is dropped, and then that record is subsequently deleted from the server by other means, when the Go client reconnects, it will automatically shift to the previous record in that table.

This is a bad thing if you have multiple records belonging to multiple clients / users in the same file. Best case scenario is you get a '<no access>' in all the fields if privileges are set correctly, worst case is users see each others data.

This is just one example, but I can think of a ton of ways that reconnecting to a database in this manner could cause issues.

I know I can use fmreauthenticate extended privileges to set a disconnect time but that seems like a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

So my question is, can we trigger a script when a session is resumed?  Then at least I could run a few sanity checks to see if the session is still valid, and if not, call my main startup script etc.

Would recommend sending this request to FileMaker if you haven't already. Even with the forced login that fmreauthenticate gives all that is doing is making you enter a username/password but still bypasses any startup script.   Would like a fmreauthenticate script trigger in a future version of FileMaker..

Forgot install OnTimer script step can setup a decent trap for this. Can have it trigger the whenever they enter a keystroke..If they are idle for more then 2 minutes can exit application, this works even if they leave FileMaker Go and come back to it. 

This topic is 4184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.